Wednesday 9 January 2013

Never a dull moment!

So Boxing Day this year was kind of interesting for us as I had a little bit of a skidoo accident, and by little bit, I mean pretty dangerous.  I got a skidoo for Christmas from Kyle, so this was our first ride with my sister and fiance.  Without going into too much detail, I ended up with a broken foot.  I broke 2 bones in 3 places in the top of my foot, and had to have surgery the morning of the 27th. 


As you can see there's a large fracture in between the first and 2nd toe vertically, and a smaller one at the top at the top of the large fracture to the left.  And then on the 3rd & 4th toe there's a small "v" shape fracture.
They put wires in to secure it into place, gave me a pair of crutches and I was home by 1:30pm, which really didn't hurt my feelings much!! I'm off work till the beginning of February, and no walking for 8 weeks!! Grrrrrreat!!!!  For anyone that knows me, knows that this isn't all that fun to hang out on the couch, and not do anything!  Last week I was fairly active, using my office chair to kneel on and scoot around my kitchen which wasn't so bad.  On Monday I had an appointment to get my cast changed.  I was really intrigued to see what was under my cast, and it wasn't what I thought at all!!  

Hopefully no ones too squeamish but here's whats under the cast! 3 pins, one on the top, one of the left side, and one on the right. 

 



Now I'm sporting my pretty green cast!! 
 
Needless to say, I'm bored silly!! Today I got out my crochet hook and have got 2 side panels made for a tea-pot cozy for my brothers girlfriend.  That's the extent on my crocheting ha ha! Anyone need a teapot cozy!?! 
 
So I haven't had too much activity to post here!!  I have been elevating my foot and icing it the last few days, because I was very surprised at the swelling I still had!  The icing feels really good, as my foot feels quite constricted in this new cast.  This is my first broken bone, and I'm really hoping for another 26 years of no broken bones after I'm healed up!! Fingers crossed!! 
 
 
Anyways, I'm going to sign off for now! 
 
Until next time... J xxx 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment